BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND! A Full-Day Workshop with Chris Crass
Based on the overwhelmingly positive feedback from last year’s Conflict Resolution Symposium, we are excited to have Chris Crass back again to do a full-day session on Integrating Story Circles and Popular Education into Your Practice.
Chris Crass is a longtime organizer, educator, and writer working to build powerful working class-based, feminist, multiracial movements for collective liberation.
In this workshop, Chris will give you a look behind the scenes of his work for racial justice. He will train you in the theory, pedagogical approach, and methodology behind story circles and popular education, lead you through an experiential circle process, and support you in developing strategies for integrating story circles and popular education into your own conflict resolution and community building work.
Seating is limited!
In addition to Chris’ most recent book, Towards Collective Liberation: Anti-Racist Organizing, Feminist Praxis, and Movement Building Strategy, you will receive a $20 ticket discount if you register by August 18th.
REGISTER NOW to ensure yourself a day filled with skill building and networking!
Part I: “The method behind the madness: A look behind the scenes of Chris Crass’ work for racial justice”
- Theory, pedagogical approach, and methodology behind story circles and popular education
- Real-life examples of application
Part II: “Talk the talk and walk the walk”
- Experiential learning: go through story circles and popular education process as a group
- Debrief experiences with the process
Part III: “Make a plan and stick with it”
- Develop strategies for integrating story circles and popular education into your own work
- Get feedback from Chris Crass and your peers
- Complete workbook to have a tangible plan as you go back to your work
- Knowledge – of the theory, pedagogical approach, and methodology underlying story circles and popular education
- Experience – shift to the perspective of participant to experience the power of the process
- Skill-building – learn how to facilitate the process yourself
- Chris’ book
- Your completed workbook