Training and Education
The Office of the Ombudsperson facilitates training and educational workshops in the areas of:
- Conflict Training for Students
- Ethics Training for Students
- Conflict Management 101
- Team Building
- Violence Prevention
- Understanding and Managing Conflict
- Cultural Awareness
- Effective Communication
- Creative Problem Solving
- Motivation and Empowerment
- Cross Cultural Communication
- Personality, Learning and Work Styles
- GSU Complaint Resolution Procedures
- Introduction to Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Processes
Sessions can be scheduled as part of faculty and staff professional development, classroom presentations, planning workshops, or department retreats. Training can also be tailored to address other specific departmental needs.
Training Fees- $250 2-4 hours/ $500 5-8 hours
Conflict Management 101
This is our basic course, which includes a general review of conflict and its management. We address:
- What is conflict?
- Why do we have conflict?
- What are our choices and how do we make them?
- What are the likely consequences of these choices?
- How should we use problem-solving skills and steps?
- How do we look for integrative solutions?
The course also includes practical skill building through role playing. (4 to 8 hours)