- Talk about the problem in confidence with an impartial person
- Inquire about and get information regarding applicable policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and other resources
- Discuss goals and alternatives and plan a strategy for dealing with the problem, trying mediation and other alternatives
- Get referrals to other University offices that may provide additional help (Dean of Students, Financial Aid, ODDEP, Human Resources, FASA, the Counseling Center, and more)
- Recommend changes in existing University policies, procedures and practices
- Request other services such as mediation, coaching, training and consulting
A visit to the Office of the Ombudsperson is CONFIDENTIAL. The Ombudsperson will not discuss visits with others or take any action without the permission of the person seeking the services.